Friday, July 26, 2013

More Organization

Seems like I will never be satisfied with my organization of paper crafting supplies.  I get a great idea in my head, put it into motion and then think "I don't like it."  Then I go searching for new ideas online.

Storing my die cut dies is the newest adventure.  The first set up was a  piece of white cardstock that I attached a few strips of magnetic tape and stored them in a box.  Worked fine for a bit but wasn't in love with the idea.  Then I ordered some DVD cases and adhesive magnetic sheets.  I figured this would be "the" storage solution.  But then I ran into a snag.  One: the DVD's don't fit on the shelf that had been planned for them.  Two: I have some larger dies that won't fit in the case.

One day sitting at my desk, I opened a drawer and got an AH HA moment.  This drawer wasn't being used other than to store some card bases.  It is a drawer that can be used for filing.  So I ordered some medium weight chipboard and more adhesive magnetic sheets.  This was the solution I came up with.  Then when I am done, I am going to put them in file folders & store them that way.  Hopefully, this will be it.



 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, Kristie. I've got most of my dies in CD cases but I have a handful that don't fit, the cases are starting to break, and the magnetic tape is losing its stickiness. I might try these in a binder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I too did some CD cases with a magnetic strip. BAH! I recently got the ArtBin magnetic die case and love it... it's similar to your solution, just fits in a case. :)

    ReplyDelete