Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Think I'm In Love

I think I'm in love......with a sketch.  Going through the latest additions to the OWH sketches, I came across #123 and thought I'd give it a try.  Now I think it's my 'go to' sketch.


I thought I would try to make some masculine cards while using this sketch.  The first one was using some green.

Pattern Paper: Recollections Aqua Damask
Sentiment: Paper Smooches 'Chit Chat'
Embellishment: Liquid Pearls

This next one is my favorite.  I really like the browns together.  The green thank you card is very simple.  But I really like how 'polished' this one looks with the black layers.  I love it so much, I made 12 of them!

Pattern Papers: Recollections Fashionably Chic Paper Pack
Sentiment: Stampin Up



3 comments:

  1. These are both great cards but I agree with you. the black matting really helps everything to pop. I use the black matting quite often. Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Donna - I am addicted to black matting, so much so that it worries me sometimes! The browns do work beautifully together and I would have made 12 too! Hope you are feeling 100% soon, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!. That second card does look more polished! It'd amazing what layering does, isn't it? That's so funny, I did this sketch for the first time this week too and loved it. I think that white rectangle is perfect for so many sentiments; maybe that's why. I used a hot pink heart for the embellishment and "tied" the hanging banner piece at the top with a piece of ribbon, too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete