Thursday, August 2, 2012

Midweek Throwdown - Any Hero Cards

When this challenge came up on OWH's blog, I thought no problem.  Easy, peasy to make patriotic cards.  WRONG!  I was on the verge of burning my creations.  Not just throwing them in the trash but actually burning them. 

I used my border punch to get the scalloped edge.  The blue paper with white stars came from a 6x6 pad I just purchased today (don't remember name of it). 

After about 5 attempts, I finally came up with this card.  I'm having major OCD & notice my strips aren't straight.  Oh well! 


4 comments:

  1. I like your card and didn't notice your strips were not straight. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystil! I don't see the crookedyness (how's that for a word) either! But I think we all have days like that--aargh! Your card turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell they're not straight either! I really like your card and if it makes you feel any better, I have lots of patriotic paper but often have trouble making red, white, and blue cards. Which is why I went in a different different for my card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystil I'm so happy you are in our OWH MWT challenge this week, I like your flag card very much!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Any Hero card challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete