Friday, August 3, 2012

Christmas In August

I hate to admit it but Christmas is coming, whether I want it to or not.   I had a friend announce the other day that she bought her first Christmas gift.  It's a good thing she's not close by or I would have to smack her!  The deadline for Christmas cards is coming even faster.  So I might as well embrace it, instead of fighting it.

I saw a card online using the thread technique to make a Christmas tree.  And since I just got a goodie bag from Sarah of different color baker's twine for me to try out, I had to give it a whirl.  It's a very easy card to make.  The only issue I had was how much twine I needed without wasting.  Took a couple of tries, but I got it.




Pattern Paper ~ Oriental Trading Christmas Paper Pad
Star ~ Sizzix die
Baker's Twine ~ The Twinery (Pea Pod)

2 comments:

  1. what a great Christmas card.. I have lots of twine and this would be a great way to use some of it up, while making cards for such a great cause. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to pin this for next year! I got my Christmas paper for next year on clearance this week, so I can be totally ready now!

    ReplyDelete