Saturday, May 4, 2013

Personal Mother's Day Cards

Mother's day is just around the corner and I figured I better get on the ball & make some cards.  I have said it before and I will say it again, making cards for family/friends is extremely difficult.  You want to make sure it's perfect and fits that person's 'style.'  So trying to come up with card ideas for 2 special women in my life was challenging. 

The first card is for my mom.  She absolutely loves roses.  It is hard being far away from my family (I am in NC and my parents are in CO).  But holidays are even harder.  As much as my mom knows how much I love her, it would be nice to give her a hug.  She means the world to me and is my best friend.



The second card is for my aunt (my mom's sister).  She has always been like a second mom to me.  I have always looked up to her and respect her.  I saw a card that Pam posted and loved the simplicity of it.  So I CASEd it.  Thanks Pam!  :)  Wasn't super thrilled how the mother's day banner turned out.  Despite my perfectionist self finding fault, I am sure she will love it. 



1 comment:

  1. Both cards are really beautiful. I love the way the black matting sets everything off.

    ReplyDelete