Monday, January 23, 2012

Loving The Inspiration

When I first starting making cards, I was very plain in my style.  Since I started making cards for OWH, I have found myself improving greatly.  Seeing all the sketches and inspiration cards has helped quite a bit.  A month ago, if someone would have told me I would be making cards with 3 different pattern papers, I would have laughed.  I'm lucky if I could get 2 on one card.  But within the last couple of weeks, I have now made 3 different cards with 3 different pattern paper!  And the sketches have helped with plainness.


Shhh don't tell anyone.....but I actually had fun making this card!  I made 8 dogs (one got messed up while I was coloring.  I concentrate too hard.  While I was coloring, the doorbell rang and off the pen goes across the image).  The image is from Whimsy Stamps and I colored them with my Tombow markers.  Believe it or not, all the paper for 7 cards was scrap.  I managed to have just enough. 


If you can see in this picture, the base paper has lines on it.  It actually is raised a little.  Fun to run the finger over.

5 comments:

  1. Krystil, What a cute card! Your coloring is great and I love your designer papers. I have seen your cards before and never thought they were plain. I thought they were all beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't posted any of my pictures of cards from the early days. HAHA I look at them now and think "that's embarrassing!"

      Delete
  2. What a cute dog! Your design is terrific too! Keep on coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These card is super cute. All of your cards always love beautiful to me and I'm sure they do to our heroes also. But I know what you mean, It's nice to see that we can take a little leap in our designs once in a while. enjoy your night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image and nice coloring too Krystil! I'm so glad you've found all the stuff on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog both fun and helpful. I think everyone has had those "I can't believe I made that" moments but it should also make us feel good to see how far we've come. :)

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team
    operationwritehome.org

    ReplyDelete