Friday, January 13, 2012

When It Rains, It Pours

Do you ever have one of those weeks that nothing seems to go right?  Or you get nothing but bad news?  Or you can't get anything to work?  I am having one of those weeks.

First we found out that our baby cousin, just over a month old, had been very sick.  He was throwing up and couldn't keep formula down.  After a trip to the ER, his parents were told that he had acid reflux.  Put him on medicine and had the formula changed.  Well, that didn't work.  So to the doctor's office.  After some tests were run, they were sent over to the hospital where our cousin would need surgery.  Turns out the opening to his intestines was too small.  So food was backing up, causing the vomiting.  So during the surgery, they made the opening bigger.  Thank goodness the surgery was a success and seems to be doing really well!

The same day we found out about our cousin needing surgery.....got devastating news that my brother has liver cancer and possible stomach cancer.  He was going to have more tests run this week.  But the doctor actually doesn't feel that he has stomach cancer.  Instead, they think it's scabs that have formed from bleeding ulcers in the past.  I'm still in shock regarding the news.  My brother finally had a long conversation by phone with our parents.  But at first, he didn't want to tell anyone.  He's in the angry stage right now (and possibly denial).  Waiting to hear more news is very difficult.

Then, as if all that wasn't enough, I got an email from my son's preschool teacher.  They are past due on several months rent & are being evicted.  Unfortunately, the owner of the complex is not willing to work with them.  So if something isn't done soon, the school will close it's doors for good at the end of February.  Which means, my son will have no where to go.  Unless I can find a half-day preschool that is still accepting students.

Last night, after dinner, I told my husband I needed to be by myself for a bit.  So while he played with our son, I went to my craft room & tried some watercoloring.  To me, painting has always been therapeutic.  I used watercolor paint on the flowers (made by my friend Anmarie).  Then today, while my son was at school, I made these cards.  The paper came from a paper pack I recently bought (but don't remember the name).

Inspiration: OWH Sketch #94






4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I'm sorry you are having so much bad news right now. I will pray you find a spot for your son and for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystil, sometimes beauty comes when we least expect it. Your card (and flowers) are beautiful! I pray that your brother is a fighter and can fight that cancer and that the rest of 2012 is much better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krystil, you are dealing with so much stress right now; I am glad you were able to find some peace and distraction with your crafting. Your card is so pretty; love the watercolor technique on the flowers. Be strong, take care of yourself, and I pray that things start to look up for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete