Thursday, January 19, 2012

Organizied Chaos

The other day, OWH posted how to organize your craft room/stuff on their Stars and Stamps page.  Then they asked for people to submit pictures of their craft rooms.  I am still trying to get my craft room set up after my husband made a new desk top to go on drawer units.  But then, I don't think I will ever be "done" with creating my craft room.  I am always changing things.


My room looks nothing like this anymore.....because in this picture, you can see my desktop.  HAHA  The 4 drawer units I found at Habitat for Humanity (on 2 different trips!).  The bookcase on the right has scrapbooks that need to be worked on and extra pages for my scrapbooks. 

Bought this unit from Chandler Creations.  I got 2 cubes & then figured out how many drawers I needed.  The top drawers have my wood mounted stamps.  I labeled the outside of the drawers so it's easier to find the stamp I need.

Just a sample of how the drawer is set up.

This drawer holds my embossing powders.....not very many.  I don't have a picture but another drawer holds my acrylic stamp blocks.
This was a great find at Lowes.  It is sold to organize & store nails, screws, etc.  But it works great for brads, eyelets and buttons.  And even though the drawers are see through, I still labeled them.

This section is still a work in progress.  The wire baskets are a find from The Container Store.  They are Elfa spice racks.  As it turned out, they are compatible with Closet-maid rail system.  Smaller rolls of ribbon fit in there perfectly!  My Towbow markers are sitting in acrylic pencil holders, again from The Container Store.  The Cropper Hopper vertical file is holding my solid 12x12 papers.  I just ordered a rack so I will be able to store them horizontally.

One drawer with cutting tools (minus my small Tonic trimmer).

This drawer has my ATG gun, other adhesives, stickles & liquid pearls.  I keep the refills to my adhesives in a drawer unit on one of my shelves over the desk.

File folders in one of the bottom drawers.  These hold my solid 8 1/2 x 11 papers.  Each color has 2 folders; one for a full sheet of paper, the other for scraps.

This drawer has pattern 8 1/2 x 11 paper, some stickers, rub-ons, thick embellishments.

Punches & decorative scissors.

My other coloring tools......chalks, watercolors, some of my colored pencils and my glaze pens.

All of these pens and markers I started stocking up on in my earlier scrapbooking days.  There is a box of small squares & circles in different colors.  Containers holding large buttons & rubber bands. 

These file folders hold my 12x12 patterned paper.

This rolling cart is from Cropper Hopper.  At the time, the only 12x12 file folders I could find were expensive for a small pack.  My dear husband read somewhere of a lady that made her own.  You take legal size file folders and cut them and tape together to get a size big enough for 12x12 (and sometimes bigger) paper.  I did this about 6 years ago, so I don't remember the measurements.
 Hope you enjoyed the tour of my craft room!

13 comments:

  1. Crazy Awesome!!!! you are way way organized - I forgot how I used to be ! I would be embarrased to show u my computer area! rofl! Great job - and I got some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see....there are no recent pictures of my desktop. LOL Between all my card projects & trying to organize my clear stamps, it's a disaster. I also didn't show my Cuttlebug/Sizzix storage as it's a jumbled mess in a drawer.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your space Krystil. I'm really enjoying seeing all the different approaches to organizing craft supplies...such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the file folder tip! I keep looking for a better way to deal with scraps and that might be just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely nicely done!! I love those drawers and the Lowes organizer. Thanks for the link to the container store. I've heard of it, but never gone to check it out. I'm off!!! :) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE The Container Store! And they opened one near me. LOL I usually get an "uh oh" from my husband when he finds out I have been there. I can do some serious damage. hehe

      Delete
  5. I like your idea for storing your stamps, you can see all of them right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krystil,
    What a great looking room. I can understand the always being in the works. Mine is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could be twins when it comes to containers in drawers. You have. Lovely set up

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like it! very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krispee!! I didn't know you had a blog. This room is awesome. My OCD side is so envious of a room like this, even if I don't do all the crafts you do. I just want some place super organized, haha.

    ReplyDelete